Zero encounters after 1.3

Since 1.3 i started a fresh new game with no mods and im getting zero encounters while fast travelling AND even if i manually travel, there’s NOTHING on the roads. No bandits, no beggars, no wayfarers, no knight, no mercenary, NOTHING at all.
How to fix this?
And no, i havent done timmys quest, nor the horserace, nothing at all. Its a fresh game, 15 hours in of strolling in woods unburying treasures and hunting and training at Robard.
Edit : im on PC

2 Likes

You are not the only one. I have same issue and I do not have any mods, freshly started game after update…

We need a solution! I want my duels and my hold-ups and the riddles!!

Hello I have the totally same problem. Itried also delete all saves and start a new game and nothing. :frowning:

we have the same issue :frowning: on 3 pc’s ( GOG version of the game). we have tried to start a new games, skip some quests, but still nothing, it’s really annoying. We will not continue until this is resolved. Can anyone please let us know if there is any solution ? thanks

Devs! Please! Say something :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

1 Like

Same here…guess the devs wanted to reduce the amount of Encounters. Was quite a bit often before…but still better than nothing (as we get now :D)

Bump!!
Need to fix this :frowning:

literally nothing compared to the bugs that still plague the game. The encounters were repetitive anyway and added nothing to the story. Who cares right now.

Fresh game fresh installation, 1.3.1 i have zero road encounters. imo game breaking. i loved them and now im not getting any at all of any kind. tried with roads are dangerous and more enemies and without mod. no encounters at all. need fix asap.

Thanks for this wonderful game. this is a rare gem :smiley:

you’re an imbecile.

You have been suspended from the forum until Monday.
Please refrain from abusing/insulting other members of the forum simply because you disagree with them.

4 Likes

They added some extra flavor/dangers to the game. Especially early on, when they are the most dangerous. Also, this is the only way to procure a few treasure maps, buying them from random wayferers and also a good means to boost your reputation by helping out beggars.

1 Like

Thanks grimbarian. im getting more and more impressed by all aspects of this game and the work staff do, both developers and moderators =)

Again keep up the good work, its appreciated !

1 Like

If you’ve not seen it already there’s a workaround for the lack of encounters:

Grimbarian, i tried it, not working… Been fiddling with the values etc for a good hour… im about to start crying :frowning: :frowning: What did you input in the user.cfg file? I put this in mine :
wh_pl_randomeventsdebug=1
wh_pl_randomeventscooldownsenabled=1
wh_pl_randomeventbasechancerunoffset=0

Did i get something wrong? Do i have to type something extra ingame in the console aswell?
P.S. I have downloaded the 1.3.1 WHGame.dll (the one from the nexusmods).
Help me please :frowning:

If you downloaded the dll make sure windows didn’t lock it (not sure if the game even launches without it or with it locked). I have mine like this:

wh_pl_randomeventsdebug 1
wh_pl_randomeventscooldownsenabled 0
wh_pl_randomeventbasechancerunoffset 1

I’m not sure if it works the same or differently with yours having =1 and =0

How are you telling the game to load the user.cfg? Manually when the game starts or in your shortcut? You can press tilde and see in the console if your user.cfg has been loaded properly

It’s the same here

i dint notice it was after the update, but yes my second game is so boring i have quit playing for now…

Just done some testing, firstly the 1.3.2 update had changed the Dll and the address that needed changing:

Once I’d changed that to eb and saved it I then did a test and fast travelled from Sassau to Rattay lower gate, this is the result:

3 random encounters, first two were attacks (strangely the second one seemed to have no attackers I could find just a lone pig!) and the 3rd one was a wayfarer selling me a treasure map.